Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

brandnew WLC 7030 from 6.4 to 8.1

Hi all!

How can i upgrade a brandnew WLC 7030 from 6.4. to 8.1.? I have searched but can't find anything (maybe i searched for the wrong stuff?!).

The WLC should run in standalone mode (there is no Mobility-Master).

thx 4 help :)

Guru Elite

Re: brandnew WLC 7030 from 6.4 to 8.1

You cannot upgrade it. 8.1 is an entirely new architecture and will wipe out any 6.4 configuration you have. It is better to experiment with 8.1 first, because you will have to recreate your config from scratch.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Colin!

I have no configuration on this WLC! It was shipped with OS 6.4. and i will install the 8.1. and therefore im searching for an upgrade/install process! :)

BR

Guru Elite

Ok.

Please start with the documentation here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/25113/Default.aspx

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Colin!

I've upgraded directly from 6.4 to 8.1 with no problems, added the licenses and configured the WLC! Everything was good! :)

thx

New Contributor

I'm in the same position as you where I have a brand new WLC 7030 and I want to get it up and running with 8.1 rather than using 6.5, which is what it came with. What was the process for this? Did you have to set up a migration server to do this or did you just load up the new image file under Maintenance --> Controller --> Image management --> Master Configuration?

Thanks!

If you aren't trying to save the config and are starting from scratch, just load up 8.1 under the image management page and then you're good to go. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
New Contributor

Aesom

jhoward wrote:

If you aren't trying to save the config and are starting from scratch, just load up 8.1 under the image management page and then you're good to go. 

Awesome! Thanks for confirming!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: