Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

can't connect to IAP web UI

This thread has been viewed 55 times
  • 1.  can't connect to IAP web UI

Posted Mar 31, 2017 12:08 AM

Hi all,

I have two IAP-205 with different FW version.

Plugin a POE to power on IAP, there is no DHCP server and DNS server in the network,I can connect one of IAP web UI by instant SSID gateway (172.31.98.1); but another one is failed.

The failed one redirect instant gateway(172.31.98.1) to "instant.arubanetworks.com" .

May I know how to browse the UI on the failed one by the gateway?

PS:I tried use https://172.31.98.1:4343 , the browser is no response.

6.4.2.6: pass

6.4.4.8: the failed one

• 2.  RE: can't connect to IAP web UI
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 31, 2017 12:13 AM

Start with a DHCP server and internet access.  You are making things much harder if those two things are not in place..

• 3.  RE: can't connect to IAP web UI

Posted Nov 05, 2020 01:16 PM
    Hi 

I have the same problem too. I connected IAP205-RW to DHCP server with internet access. But i am unable to connect to Webui. Below is the error page. Please advise.

------------------------------
    CHOR SENG HO

• 4.  RE: can't connect to IAP web UI

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 06, 2020 03:38 AM
    What happens if you click connect? Are you able to SSH to the IAP? The default self-signed certificate which ships with with the older IAPs can cause an issue.

Craig Syme

• 5.  RE: can't connect to IAP web UI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2020 03:44 AM
    That message tells you that there is a redirect happening when you connect to the wireless network. This is expected if you have an unconfigured Instant AP or when you have a guest network. As the screenshot shows that you are connected to the 'instant' network, it appears to be an unconfigured network.

I think that if you press 'Connect' on that screen that you will be connected and should be able to connect to the management UI. As the default ssid instant indicates a quite old version of firmware, it may be that you need to try a few different browsers to get access to the UI. Modern browsers may prevent access as the crypto settings and certificates are old and expired. Upgrade the AP as soon as you have access to it to fix that type of issue.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.