Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

can't do cli: not logged on

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Mar 20, 2012 05:19 PM

I get “can't do cli: not logged on” error every once in while when I'm working in the Web console.  Originally, I thought it was due to the webpage connection is timing out if I stay on a single page for too long.  But I've also received the error shortly after logging on.  Not a serious issue, just an annoyance.  Anyone else seen this issue?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2012 05:23 PM

@TimS wrote:

I get “can't do cli: not logged on” error every once in while when I'm working in the Web console.  Originally, I thought it was due to the webpage connection is timing out if I stay on a single page for too long.  But I've also received the error shortly after logging on.  Not a serious issue, just an annoyance.  Anyone else seen this issue?  Thanks.

I only see it after my login times out. That is odd you have seen it right after login.

• 3.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Mar 21, 2012 04:47 AM

seen it happen with a master / local setup where it seemed that if you logged in the master you were logged out of the local and the other way around.

• 4.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Mar 26, 2012 07:38 PM

I haven't been able to replicate it on demand, but it only happen occasionally so I haven’t really pressed the issue.  I should be clear, I don’t get the error when I immediately login, but when I browse from one page to another within a short time (which I usually do right after login).  Doesn’t should like too many other people have experienced the issue.

• 5.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Mar 27, 2012 11:33 AM

I have had this happen to me as well.  Directly after login i will click a link and will get the message.  It has happened to me through several different code releases (version 5 and 6)

• 6.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Apr 12, 2012 10:03 AM

I've got the GUI session timeout set to 3600 seconds (1Hr), but that doesn't help. I have found that if I log into the controller by IP address, it will behave better. By device name, not so much. It will generally happen when switching to a different tab.

Can we get a definitive resolution?

• 7.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2012 01:15 PM

Everybody who is experiencing this, please open a case, because we need to gather as much information as possible about how and when this occurs.  There may be multiple situations why it occurs and we have to collect as much information from people who are seeing it to determine the cause, and an eventual resolution.

• 8.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Aug 15, 2012 02:42 PM

We upgraded from 3.x to 6.x last month, and I don't recall having this issue during initial build out of a fresh config. etc. It did seem to start right after I installed our own wildcard certificate. Any chance it's related? In my case if I poke around more than a few minutes I'll likely get booted at least once.

• 9.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Aug 22, 2012 11:21 PM

I seem to continually have this problem, but I wonder if it's related to the fact that I have three different controllers open in Chrome.  I've resorted to using Lastpass to fix this constanly needing to type a username password in.  

• 10.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2012 11:58 PM

You normally get that message when you have left your browser session too long...

• 11.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Sep 20, 2012 08:59 AM

I'm having the same problem on Chrome on my desktop (Windows 7 Enterprise).  As soon as I log in and I click on a link I get booted off over and over.  However when I run it from my terminal server in our datacenter (Windows 2008 Enterprise) using chrome, I have no problems.

This started when we upgrade to 6.1 from 5.0

• 12.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2012 09:27 AM

@mzac wrote:

I'm having the same problem on Chrome on my desktop (Windows 7 Enterprise).  As soon as I log in and I click on a link I get booted off over and over.  However when I run it from my terminal server in our datacenter (Windows 2008 Enterprise) using chrome, I have no problems.

This started when we upgrade to 6.1 from 5.0

Please open a support case.  There certainly have been reports of that error and normally it indicates a GUI timeout.  If that is not the case, please open a support ticket so that we can get to the bottom of your issue.

• 13.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Sep 20, 2012 09:44 AM

No. If this doesn't happen when logging into an IP address, then it HAS to be related to the interpretation of the host name or certifcates.

Your call.

It is expected when a session times out. However, when you're already in. Switch to a different tab - immediately - and it kicks you out, then I'd say it's a bug.

• 14.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Sep 20, 2012 10:00 AM

@ftsi wrote:

No. If this doesn't happen when logging into an IP address, then it HAS to be related to the interpretation of the host name or certifcates.

Your call.

It is expected when a session times out. However, when you're already in. Switch to a different tab - immediately - and it kicks you out, then I'd say it's a bug.

You're right!!! I logged into my controller's IP and didn't get logged out.. connected to the hostname and first click logged me out!  Can someone from Aruba confirm this too?

• 15.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Sep 21, 2012 04:39 AM

@mzac wrote:

@ftsi wrote:

Your call.

You're right!!! I logged into my controller's IP and didn't get logged out.. connected to the hostname and first click logged me out!  Can someone from Aruba confirm this too?

Did you specify hostname.domainname in the url?

If so, can you check if that domainname is running google analytics?

on FF, Tools>Options>Privacy>Remove individual cookies link

scroll to that domainname and expand to see if cookie name like __utma, __utmb, __utmz, __utmc exist.

There was an incident where google analytics cleared the session cookie.

you can remove those cookie and see if the problem still there.

• 16.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Sep 21, 2012 08:42 AM

Yes. The full host name is being called in this form: https://host.domain.ca:4343/

Our certificate is defined as: 

https://wireless.domain.ca/ = CNAME to W650-TAG#

As far as I can determine, there are no google analytics involved.

• 17.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2012 10:47 AM
    Ftsi and Mzac thank you.

We cannot replicate this consistently, so can you open a tac case so we can replicate it in your equipment?

• 18.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Oct 17, 2012 11:20 AM

We're seeing the same thing. We're using hostnames and there are cookies from our top level domain being sent to the controller.

• 19.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Apr 23, 2013 02:10 PM

I'm still seeing the same problem and I just upgraded my test controller to 6.2.1.1.  when I go to the hostname I get booted off very often but never get booted off when I go to the IP.  I have no problems on version 5, only on the 6.x train.

• 20.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2013 02:12 PM

Please open a support case and reference this thread.

• 21.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

Posted Jul 15, 2014 09:26 AM

We have the same problem.  I'm not sure if it's the exact hostname, because we have some CNAME records that are being used to access the controllers.  Using the IP address works fine.  I guess later on I'll try to rename the controllers or match up the CNAME records to the hostname and see if that resolves the problem...

• 22.  RE: can't do cli: not logged on

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2014 09:30 AM
    I believe this is fixed in the latest releases. Haven't seen it in a while.