Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

can't do cli: not logged on

I get “can't do cli: not logged on” error every once in while when I'm working in the Web console.  Originally, I thought it was due to the webpage connection is timing out if I stay on a single page for too long.  But I've also received the error shortly after logging on.  Not a serious issue, just an annoyance.  Anyone else seen this issue?  Thanks.

Aruba Employee

Re: can't do cli: not logged on

TimS wrote:

I get “can't do cli: not logged on” error every once in while when I'm working in the Web console.  Originally, I thought it was due to the webpage connection is timing out if I stay on a single page for too long.  But I've also received the error shortly after logging on.  Not a serious issue, just an annoyance.  Anyone else seen this issue?  Thanks.

I only see it after my login times out. That is odd you have seen it right after login.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
MVP

seen it happen with a master / local setup where it seemed that if you logged in the master you were logged out of the local and the other way around.

Occasional Contributor II

I haven't been able to replicate it on demand, but it only happen occasionally so I haven’t really pressed the issue.  I should be clear, I don’t get the error when I immediately login, but when I browse from one page to another within a short time (which I usually do right after login).  Doesn’t should like too many other people have experienced the issue.

Frequent Contributor I

I have had this happen to me as well.  Directly after login i will click a link and will get the message.  It has happened to me through several different code releases (version 5 and 6)

New Contributor

I've got the GUI session timeout set to 3600 seconds (1Hr), but that doesn't help. I have found that if I log into the controller by IP address, it will behave better. By device name, not so much. It will generally happen when switching to a different tab.

Can we get a definitive resolution?

Guru Elite

Everybody who is experiencing this, please open a case, because we need to gather as much information as possible about how and when this occurs.  There may be multiple situations why it occurs and we have to collect as much information from people who are seeing it to determine the cause, and an eventual resolution.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

We upgraded from 3.x to 6.x last month, and I don't recall having this issue during initial build out of a fresh config. etc. It did seem to start right after I installed our own wildcard certificate. Any chance it's related? In my case if I poke around more than a few minutes I'll likely get booted at least once.

Contributor I

I seem to continually have this problem, but I wonder if it's related to the fact that I have three different controllers open in Chrome.  I've resorted to using Lastpass to fix this constanly needing to type a username password in.  

Guru Elite

You normally get that message when you have left your browser session too long...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: