Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

can you customize the Controller login page? (controller)/cgi-bin/login

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  can you customize the Controller login page? (controller)/cgi-bin/login

Posted Jun 25, 2014 10:48 AM

I have a 7210 controller. I Use Clearpass to authenticate users. So I have a guest captive portal set up. It authenticates the user, and when initiating the login it will send the browser to (controller)/cgi-bin/login, the issue is that, this page is just looks completely different from our out pages, looks like just plain HTML with no styling.  This wouldn't be an issue if the users didn't sit on the page for up to 10 seconds waiting to be redirected to our website. 

How would I go about styling this page? I assume it is located on the controller, but I haven't been able to find much documentaiton about it's real location or how to customize it. 

If no styling is possible, is there a way to shorten the amount of time a user spends on that page? 

• 2.  RE: can you customize the Controller login page? (controller)/cgi-bin/login
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 10:53 AM

ereader22,

In the Captive Portal Authentication Profile, there is a parameter called "Redirect Pause" that you can lower to 2 seconds:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Captive_Portal_Authentic.htm

• 3.  RE: can you customize the Controller login page? (controller)/cgi-bin/login

Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:06 AM

Oh wow. So. Get this. I had seen a previous post that I believe you made that suggested lowering it to 3 seconds. Which I did.. Or so I thought. 

Well you know that whole "Save" button thing? Forgot to click that. You are right here as well. This did the trick. Now it's quick enough to redirect that it's a non-issue.  Thanks!

• 4.  RE: can you customize the Controller login page? (controller)/cgi-bin/login

Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:13 AM

On a side note to this topic, I know it's not the correct board for Clearpass, but do you happen to know where I can set the max users allowed to login with a specified username?

I use a ToS accept to login, which is tied to a username. I know I saw a topic somewhere about how to increase that number, but I can't think of the terms it's described in. I keep running across firewall sessions, which is not what I'm looking for. 

• 5.  RE: can you customize the Controller login page? (controller)/cgi-bin/login

Posted Jun 25, 2014 10:55 AM

REMOVED.....