Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

captive portal design

Hi.

I going to set up captive portal with 3400 controllers and I've got couple of questions.

Does captive portal require connectivity with DNS server before authentication?

Does controller need IP address for guest subnet and does controller have to be a gateway or I can use other device as gateway for guest subnet?

Is it possible to configure DHCP relay on controller for guest subnet?

Thanks for help,

Guru Elite

Re: captive portal design

mate78 wrote:

Hi.

I going to set up captive portal with 3400 controllers and I've got couple of questions.

Does captive portal require connectivity with DNS server before authentication?  - YES

Does controller need IP address for guest subnet and does controller have to be a gateway or I can use other device as gateway for guest subnet? - Captive Portal on the controller needs an ip address in the subnet of the guest network.  It does not have to be the gateway of the guest network, however.

Is it possible to configure DHCP relay on controller for guest subnet? - Yes, using the "ip helper-address" command on the controller's interface or on the interface of the gateway on that subnet.

Thanks for help,

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

OK. I'll try to configure captive portal according to this.

Thanks again.

Guru Elite

Lastly, make sure that you use the ip cp-redirect-address command to point to the ip address of the controller on that VLAN:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-ip-cp-redirect-address/m-p/236/highlight/true#M49

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: