Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

captive portal page on master and local controller

Hi;

On our network We are going to configure a master controller for the main office and a local controller for a branch office. for guest users We are going to configure a guest SSID using captive portal on both controllers.

For authentication and redundancy We must to configure the captive portal page on both controllers?

Thank you

Guru Elite

Re: captive portal page on master and local controller

The captive portal configuration will be pushed, but the jpegs, html will not.  You need to configure that separately on the local.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I think you had a reply confirming you need to import the captive portal content onto the local so it looks the same. That's cool.

Something else worth considering as you mentioned resilience:

If your master fails and you're using the local database to authenticate guests, your local won't be able to do this. This is because the local looks to the master for this authentication (which is centralised on the master). i.e. this database is not copied into the local controller. If your master does fail, the easiest temporary fix is to copy the local user database (assuming you have a backup) into the local manually, and then enable the local controller database check.

"aaa authentication-server internal use-local-switch" (from config mode on the CLI).

Either that, or buy a dedicated backup-master controller!

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
New Contributor

I cant afford one more controller.  I will take a manual backup of Master controller databse and push to local controller and when ever master fails, will do

aaa authentication-server internal use-local-switch

But How can I backup the database. Pl suggest

- Peter

Guru Elite

anishpeter wrote:

I cant afford one more controller.  I will take a manual backup of Master controller databse and push to local controller and when ever master fails, will do

aaa authentication-server internal use-local-switch

But How can I backup the database. Pl suggest

- Peter

On the first controller

local-userdb export <filename>

copy flash: filename tftp : <ip address of tftp server> <new filename>

On second controller

copy tftp: <ip address of tftp server> <filename> flash: <filename>

local-userdb import <filename>

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

I know this is old, but I am hoping you, Colin, will answer.

Do I need to install the captive portal certificate on the remote controllers as well?

Thanks,

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: