Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

Posted May 15, 2017 07:30 AM

hi Team , i have aruba 7210 controllers working in master-backup modes.   i would like to change the gateway for these controllers which is a simple process, what i am asking is if i can add a floating static route so that i dont have to do console access while changing the gateway.

• 2.  RE: changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2017 07:49 AM

I cannot say that has ever been done successfully.

• 3.  RE: changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

Posted May 15, 2017 07:55 AM

u mean than having console access is the best way of doing this ?

first i change the gateway on the primary controller and then followed by the secondary controller ?

for the access points i have a separate vlan running (non-routable) and i have configured VVRP between the controllers .

so when i change the gateway on the primary controller, what would happen to the access points, would they try to hop on to the secondary controller ?

any comments please

• 4.  RE: changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2017 09:20 AM

If the access points cannot find the first controller, they will try to find the second controller, yes.

The console is the best way to do this.

I would set aside a couple hours for this procedure to make sure you are successful.