Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

hi Team , i have aruba 7210 controllers working in master-backup modes.   i would like to change the gateway for these controllers which is a simple process, what i am asking is if i can add a floating static route so that i dont have to do console access while changing the gateway.

Guru Elite

Re: changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

I cannot say that has ever been done successfully.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor II

Re: changing the default gateway in Aruba controller using floating static routes

u mean than having console access is the best way of doing this ?

first i change the gateway on the primary controller and then followed by the secondary controller ?

for the access points i have a separate vlan running (non-routable) and i have configured VVRP between the controllers .

so when i change the gateway on the primary controller, what would happen to the access points, would they try to hop on to the secondary controller ?

any comments please

Guru Elite

If the access points cannot find the first controller, they will try to find the second controller, yes.

The console is the best way to do this.

I would set aside a couple hours for this procedure to make sure you are successful.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: