Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

clear gap-db wired-mac

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  clear gap-db wired-mac

Posted Dec 20, 2017 03:24 PM

I'm trying to clear my database of all the APs that show down with the AP database long | include Down command. I went through and deleted all the APs on my master. I then went and did theAP database long | include Down command again on my locals and the APs are still there. I tried the clear gap-db wired-mac on the local but it says it must be run on the master only. How did I clear the Down APs on the local. Is there a way to sync the databases. The APs only show up on the locals and not the master but I can't run the command on the local..

Thanks

• 2.  RE: clear gap-db wired-mac

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 24, 2017 04:01 PM

Try "process restart wms"

• 3.  RE: clear gap-db wired-mac

Posted Dec 25, 2017 01:30 PM
    Will there be and disruption of service and do I run this on the master or locals?

• 4.  RE: clear gap-db wired-mac

Posted Dec 28, 2017 08:15 AM

I just tried it and the APs still show down on the local but no under the master. On both contollers (local and master) I did the following commands:

sh ap database long | include Down

process restart wms

clear gap-db wired-mac (this command is only allowed on the master)

• 5.  RE: clear gap-db wired-mac

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2017 08:18 AM

Clearing the database on the local does not clear the database on the master, unfortunately.  You can clear all of the APs with the LMS parameter and the currently active APS will just recreate themselves.