Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

config different IAP groups

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  config different IAP groups

Posted Oct 10, 2013 06:03 AM

Hello community,

we have a costumer, he wants 2 different IAP groups.

We use IAP105.

How can I configure different groups?

When the IAPs come up all IAPs are in one groupe.

• 2.  RE: config different IAP groups

Posted Oct 10, 2013 06:06 AM

You could create two different subnets , IAPs will be in the same cluster when they are in the same segment.

• 3.  RE: config different IAP groups

Posted Oct 10, 2013 06:09 AM

Ok, is there no other way to put the IAPs in different groups?

• 4.  RE: config different IAP groups

Posted Oct 10, 2013 08:23 AM

You could do a manual setup by disabling auto-join and statically configuring the Virtual controller IP address but I honestly don't recommend you doing it this way 

• 5.  RE: config different IAP groups
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2013 08:35 AM

You'd be able to manage this a lot easier with the use of Airwave. While you'd still need to logically separate the IAP's on different L2's your config parameters can be unique and you can then manage the config/firmware etc from a single pane of class. AirWave will also give you much more granular detail than the IAP GUI will and the historical data is hugely beneficial for troubleshooting. Airwave licenses are avail on an eval basis for 90 days should you wish to trial it.

• 6.  RE: config different IAP groups

Posted Oct 10, 2013 08:40 AM

Ok, when we sell more then 10 IAPs wie allways sell Airwave, too.

So I understand, that there is no oher way to get different iap groups.

So I put it on an other vlan ....

• 7.  RE: config different IAP groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2013 08:48 AM

I should actually include that you could do this as well via our cloud wifi platform from a management perspective, but you'll still need logical separation on two vlans. No need for an airwave appliance or VM and management is in the cloud. If you are a partner/reseller, there is a free 30-day trial!

Check out: http://arubanetworkskb.force.com/AthenaEval/?utm_source=justmedia&utm_medium=herobutton&utm_campaign=cloud

• 8.  RE: config different IAP groups

Posted Oct 10, 2013 08:53 AM

Ok, thanks.

the solution with different vlans was clear to me, but I thought there would be a simpler solution.

Thanks for your help.