Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

confused about wired ap profile

I noticed when you change a wired ap profile, the change is reflected on any enabled ethernet interface port, and in any ap group.  Is this expected behaviour? 

So for example by setting a non default wired ap profile in an ap group containing rap's (because i want to use a port for voip for example), this non default wired ap profile also shows up in another ap group containing cap's.  Where this is of no use.   

Guru Elite

Re: confused about wired ap profile

Everything is tied back to the wired AP profile. Everywhere that the default profile is mapped, the change will apply. You should never make changes to default profiles.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Re: confused about wired ap profile

I believe there is a misunderstanding here.  I'm not modifying the default profile.  Suppose i'm starting everywhere with the default profile.

Then i use another ap profile named test-profile in ap group rap, and for ethernet interface port 0 configuration.

I then see in every ap group and every enabled ethernet interface the default profile changed to test-profile.  Where the ethernet interface is shutdown it remains default.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: