Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

controller ac support

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  controller ac support

Posted Dec 30, 2013 01:15 PM

I am running a 3400 controller and am thinking about upgrading to AC on my APs. My controller is connected to the network with a 1gb cable and all my APs are set to tunnel. The questions I have is in the bandwidth to and from the controller.  Wont it be pointless to upgrade to AC if all my APs are tunneling back to the controller on a 1gb link?  

• 2.  RE: controller ac support

Posted Dec 30, 2013 02:16 PM

you can always build a 4 Gig link aggregation from the controller to the switch core.

You also need to take in mind that the route from the AP to the controller would be a good idea to have  link aggregations bettween those switches

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: controller ac support

Posted Dec 30, 2013 05:49 PM
    How do I do that?

• 4.  RE: controller ac support

Posted Dec 30, 2013 08:38 PM

Well on your switch side  you have to know how to configure a link aggregation... i dont know what brand of switch you use..

I can tell you on alcatel...

On the controller side

Go to configuration

Go to ports

Go to port channel tab

Select the interface that will form a link aggregation in this case ill pick port 0 and port 1

Also select the port channel ID(i picked 1 in this example)

Make the port channel trusted

And the on port channel mode put trunk and trunk all the vlans you need

The port channel is like a virtual interface....

LAGG.PNG

Remember to make it work you must configure the LAGG on the switch as well to the ports you are connecting for example

if you got a LAGG of 4 ports then  in your case a 3400 you will need to select port 0,1,2,3

On the switch you need to select the physical ports that you are connecting those cables that are coming from the wireless controller.

Cheers

Carlos