Wireless Access

New Contributor

copy controller configuration

We have a 3400 series controller, and we want to upgrade to 3600 . If there a way to copy all the configuration from 3400 to 3600 including network configuration(VRRP,vlans ect) . 

Aruba Employee

Re: copy controller configuration

you can backup the flash from the old controller and restore them on the new controller. 

The Below KB article should help you 

Vinod Kumaar AVM ACMX, ACDX
Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
New Contributor

Dear Vinod,

Thanks for your response and suggestion . Will the flash contain license information . If i copy flash from 3400 to 3600 will it copy licenses too . 

In terms of licenses - take a look at this thread:

John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom Group - Norway
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Occasional Contributor I

you need to copy the licenses to the flash first. find the export/import license under controller configuration -> licenses

though, i think the licenses is bound by the SN of the controller.

New Contributor

Thanks, will this work if we want to copy the exact configuration from 3400 to 3600 controllers ?

Occasional Contributor I

well, i never tried it but i think yes with a little adjustment in ports and ip configuration.

make sure you try it first before fully implement it.

Aruba Employee
Aruba Employee

If you are paranoid (like me), you might want to do a "show ap active" and grab a list of the connected APs.

If on the same L2 network, they should all come back on okay.  But if there are problems (different L2 etc), then you at least have a quick cheat sheet of which APs might be looking for a home.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: