Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

display how many APs are assigned to each ap-group?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  display how many APs are assigned to each ap-group?

Posted Dec 27, 2016 09:42 AM

Can anyone tell me an easy way to display all configured ap-groups and how many WAPs are assigned to each?

We have a lot of sites coming and going often and I am looking for an easy way to audit configuration and delete unused groups.

I was hoping since Aruba does a good job of displaying configuration pieces and how many REFERENCES there are for each (example: "show aaa profile"), that something like this would be easily accomplished as well.  I checked with our VAR and they do not know a way and I haven't been able to find anything on airheads.

I am looking into putting together a script to parse the ap-group list and essentially count APs assigned to each, but was hoping there might be an easier way.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: display how many APs are assigned to each ap-group?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 11:42 AM

show ap group

show ap database group <group-name>

• 3.  RE: display how many APs are assigned to each ap-group?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 11:52 AM

yea, I know about those commands but not quite what I was looking for...

show ap groups lists all the ap-groups.

show ap database group xxx lists all waps in that specific ap group.

I guess I was looking for a way to view a summarization of the ap-groups to see how many waps are assigned to each in a single command.  We have hundreds of AP groups and it would take a significant amount of time to check each one.

• 4.  RE: display how many APs are assigned to each ap-group?

Posted Dec 29, 2016 12:00 PM

You could dump the output from 'show ap database' into Excel, do some clean-up, do text-to-columns and then create a pivot table.