Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

dnsmasq%3A failed to load names from %2Fetc%2Fld_ppp_hosts%3A No such file or directory

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  dnsmasq%3A failed to load names from %2Fetc%2Fld_ppp_hosts%3A No such file or directory

Posted Oct 29, 2015 05:55 AM

Hi

We have an AP-105 which continously changes it's IP address. No other AP's connected to the same controller experience this. This causes or monitoring system to flood us with alerts statiing the AP has 'gone down'.

When looking at the logs, I can see the following...

Oct 28 21:58:59 dnsmasq: failed to load names from /etc/ld_ppp_hosts: No such file or directory

Shortly after this message, the AP is given a new IP address and then the next day, (or same day sometimes) the same thing happens.

Has anybody experienced this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: dnsmasq%3A failed to load names from %2Fetc%2Fld_ppp_hosts%3A No such file or directory

Posted Oct 29, 2015 08:50 AM
    Your best bet is to open a TAC case, it is the fastest way to get a response to this issue.
    I personally have not seen this error.
    I would take a look at the DHCP server serving this AP and what parameters it is getting, it seems to having issues with DNS?