Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  editing acls

Posted May 19, 2017 02:50 PM

i have an acl that i need to change. I talked with support and the person i was talking with was stumbling through the cli and look at webui, mumling and i just didnt think they had a handle on what i was trying to get accomplished so i thought i would just do some research and figure it out. 

the issue is the session acl opens up a whole series of ports across all subnets on the LAN for access from the guest network (for airplay).  The atv's are in their own vlans so i want to limit access to those specific subnets. I believe  the command for the new acl would look something like this, i would add an entry for each of hte required subnets. (the subnet listed is an example):

#ip access-list session <acl name>

#any network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 any permit

Let me know if that is incorrect. 

Now down to the main question. I was told i cant edit an existing acl, i have to delete it then recreate it. I cant find command to delete the acl. I will also need the command to re-add the acl to the roles as it will be removed from them when its deleted, if my understanding is correct.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: editing acls
    Best Answer

Posted May 19, 2017 03:26 PM

is it as simple as this?

#no ip access-list <acl name> 

• 3.  RE: editing acls

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 20, 2017 04:50 AM

Yes, it is that simple. See below for an example, don't forget you'll need to be in "conf t" to make the change.

(Lab620) (config) #no ip access-list session test2
    (Lab620) (config) #

This is based on a "session" ACL, so you may need to adjust the syntax accordingly if the ACL is a eth, extended, mac etc.

(Lab620) (config) #no ip access-list ?
    eth                     Ethertype access list
    extended                Extended Access List
    mac                     MAC access list
    route                   Route Access List
    session                 Session Access List
    standard                Standard Access List