Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

enet 1 is not enable

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  enet 1 is not enable

Posted Jan 06, 2013 05:05 AM

This might be something very simple. I have one ap 135 that have 2 ethernet port. The 1st port is connect to the poe and then switch and i wish to utilize the 2nd port by connecting it to a network device. However when i connect, the interface is not up. I then swap two cable around, and the 2nd port that is now connect to the poe is blinking but the 1st port that connect to a network device is not working.

• 2.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2013 07:09 AM

You need to enable that port in the wired port profile in the AP system Profile.  By default it is shutdown.

Also, you need to ensure that you are using high-powered POE, otherwise the second port will not come up.

As of 6.2, however, you can use regular POE, but you still need to enable the port in the wired port profile of the AP system profile.

• 3.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

Posted Jan 06, 2013 10:18 PM

It is enabled but still not working. Not working either in os 6.2 or 6.1.3.5

Screen Shot 2013-01-07 at 11.13.21 AM.png

• 4.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2013 10:20 PM

Try with a high powered POE injector or power brick.  It is possible that you are not supplying enough POE.

• 5.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2013 12:24 AM

If the POE injector that's being used is a basic 802.3af one, even in 6.2 the second ethernet port will not be enabled. Need POE+ for that (either pre-standard or 802.3at compliant).

• 6.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

Posted Jan 07, 2013 02:30 AM

i had tried both 802.3af and 802.3at without any luck. I can see the both ethernet light blinking when i the ap is booting but it disappear after that. I tried another AP 135 and it is not working too. I remember a while ago when i was testing it with ap125 and have no issue

• 7.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2013 05:41 AM

Please capture the console logs of the access point booting up.  It should say if it is enabling the second ethernet port or not.

• 8.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

Posted Jan 15, 2013 09:45 PM

sorry for the delay,

The POE that i was using is  PowerDsine 7001G and i thought that is it a 802.2at device only to notice that it is not. So the 2nd port shall not be working.

However what intersting is, i just tested with my ap125, it's 2nd port is active using the same poe. The only explanation i suspect is ap125 do not need 802.2at

• 9.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2013 12:13 PM

The AP-125 has some built-in intelligence to determine whether or not the POE source has sufficient power available for the AP to operate in full functional mode, or whether it should shut down some capabilities. While that is very flexible, it also means that (depending for example on voltage variation, ethernet cable length, etc.) it's not always predictable in what mode the AP will come up. The mechanism in AP-135 is simpler: the 2nd ethernet port is simply (always) switched off when the POE source is not an 802.3at (POE+) one.

• 10.  RE: enet 1 is not enable

Posted Jan 17, 2013 03:05 AM

Ups, sorry, I was reading this topic and accidentally clicked post and now I can't delete it - can a moderator delete this post.

Sorry once more!

LD