Wireless Access

Contributor I

enet 1 is not enable

This might be something very simple. I have one ap 135 that have 2 ethernet port. The 1st port is connect to the poe and then switch and i wish to utilize the 2nd port by connecting it to a network device. However when i connect, the interface is not up. I then swap two cable around, and the 2nd port that is now connect to the poe is blinking but the 1st port that connect to a network device is not working.

Guru Elite

Re: enet 1 is not enable

[ Edited ]

You need to enable that port in the wired port profile in the AP system Profile.  By default it is shutdown.

Also, you need to ensure that you are using high-powered POE, otherwise the second port will not come up.

As of 6.2, however, you can use regular POE, but you still need to enable the port in the wired port profile of the AP system profile.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

It is enabled but still not working. Not working either in os 6.2 or 6.1.3.5

Screen Shot 2013-01-07 at 11.13.21 AM.png

Guru Elite

Try with a high powered POE injector or power brick.  It is possible that you are not supplying enough POE.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

If the POE injector that's being used is a basic 802.3af one, even in 6.2 the second ethernet port will not be enabled. Need POE+ for that (either pre-standard or 802.3at compliant).

/Onno
Contributor I

i had tried both 802.3af and 802.3at without any luck. I can see the both ethernet light blinking when i the ap is booting but it disappear after that. I tried another AP 135 and it is not working too. I remember a while ago when i was testing it with ap125 and have no issue

Guru Elite

Please capture the console logs of the access point booting up.  It should say if it is enabling the second ethernet port or not.

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

[ Edited ]

sorry for the delay,

The POE that i was using is  PowerDsine 7001G and i thought that is it a 802.2at device only to notice that it is not. So the 2nd port shall not be working.

However what intersting is, i just tested with my ap125, it's 2nd port is active using the same poe. The only explanation i suspect is ap125 do not need 802.2at

Aruba

The AP-125 has some built-in intelligence to determine whether or not the POE source has sufficient power available for the AP to operate in full functional mode, or whether it should shut down some capabilities. While that is very flexible, it also means that (depending for example on voltage variation, ethernet cable length, etc.) it's not always predictable in what mode the AP will come up. The mechanism in AP-135 is simpler: the 2nd ethernet port is simply (always) switched off when the POE source is not an 802.3at (POE+) one.

/Onno
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ups, sorry, I was reading this topic and accidentally clicked post and now I can't delete it - can a moderator delete this post.

Sorry once more!

LD

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: