Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

error.... MIC failed in WPA2 Key Message 2 from Station

I updated my 3400 controllers on saturday to ver 6.4.2.4 

Now, in one site (Netherlands) that has 6 AP 105's, users now cannot connect to wireless using the main ssid. They can connect using the guest ssid.

24 other sities also using the same controller can connect fine using either ssid.

TAC support call could not come up with a reason for this.

In the logs on the controller... when a test laptop tries to connect i see this error...

MIC failed in WPA2 Key Message 2 from Station e8:b1:fc:a2:72:31 d8:c7:c8:1e:eb:b8 nlhoo1wlsap03

nlhoo1wlsap03=AP

e8:b1:fc:a2:72:31=MAC of test laptop in the affected office.

Any ideas?

Guru Elite

Re: error.... MIC failed in WPA2 Key Message 2 from Station

Are the drivers up to date? 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

I don't believe this is a client driver issue, as many other sites using company imaged laptops on the same controller are connecting fine. Also, the fact that the users in the affected office can connect to the guest ssid in the same office, but not the main ssid.

Also...in testing we did confirm the AP's can see the offsite DHCP server, as we put a laptop directly in one of the AP switch ports, and it did get an IP and "see" the internet.

Guru Elite

Toddo,

If this is a preshared key network, that message is triggered when there is an incorrect preshared key.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

There is no preshared key that I am aware of. 

We provision the APs when they are new, and basically just point them to the controller that they will connect to. I've never seen a key.

Guru Elite

I was referring to the WLAN. What encryption is in use?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Auth is 802.1x  with AES encryption

Guru Elite

Did you enable user debugging for all of those users?  MIC failed is not always a total failure.  If there is something that is keeping your users from connecting, it is usually more than that.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

user-debug was on for the test laptop mac address only, as that was the only traffic being sent.

<logging level debugging user-debug (mac address of laptop).

the error i posted was the only entry i saw associated wit that laptop

Guru Elite

Well, if all of the users cannot connect, we need to see their user debug to see if there are related or unrelated entries.  We don't want to assume that is the only reason devices are not connecting.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: