Wireless Access

experience with token service intergration

does anyone here have a token service (i.e. RSA, safeword) intergrated with their aruba controller for dot1x? how have you set it up? an alternative to username and password or an adition? does it require extra software on the client machine?

Guru Elite

Re: experience with token service intergration

boneyard wrote:

does anyone here have a token service (i.e. RSA, safeword) intergrated with their aruba controller for dot1x? how have you set it up? an alternative to username and password or an adition? does it require extra software on the client machine?

the RSA server has a built in radius server.  You need to Terminate the 802.1x session on the Aruba controller and use EAP-GTC and enable token caching for the best results.  Of course Windows devices will need to install a supplicant like the EAP-GTC shim.  All other Operating Systems Support GTC out the box, however.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

thanks cjoseph. i asume you have to choose between either username/password or token? you can't do username/password and token at the same time?

could you for example do username/password first and do token via captive portal later? or the other way around?

Guru Elite

boneyard wrote:

thanks cjoseph. i asume you have to choose between either username/password or token? you can't do username/password and token at the same time?

could you for example do username/password first and do token via captive portal later? or the other way around?

Yes, you have to choose.  You can also do the Captive Portal scenario that you mentioned.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

totally clear, thank you.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: