Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  extifmgr

Posted Jul 02, 2015 06:40 AM

I have been asked by TAC to turn on debugging for extifmgr. Can someone please explain what this process controls?

• 2.  RE: extifmgr

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2015 06:48 AM
    IF-MAP is one one of the services.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: extifmgr

Posted Jul 05, 2015 08:12 AM

why don't you ask TAC, they tell you to do something, so you can ask them them to explain why you have to do something and what the effect is.

• 4.  RE: extifmgr

Posted Jul 05, 2015 02:26 PM

I do ask TAC on every case I raise for technical information but they are not very forthcoming, which is why I resort to this group. Advice from Aruba is to use Airheads to obtain information.

• 5.  RE: extifmgr

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2015 03:41 PM
    If you do not get answers you can have the case escalated so you can get an answer. If you had a problem getting answers, please PM me the case number so we can get the problem fixed.

• 6.  RE: extifmgr

Posted Jul 05, 2015 03:49 PM

yep you certainly free to try here.

but in my opinion (and i don't know the exact details so i might be wrong in this case) you pay for support so they better live up to some basic expectations. of course they aren't there to help people in full design questions or such. but if they want you to troubleshoot they should be able to explain why and what that is. if they won't, i would ask again, if they still don't answer i would ask the case to be escalated or to speak to a manager.

[EDIT] cjospeh posted something similar, i can only agree with him on this.

• 7.  RE: extifmgr

Posted Jul 15, 2015 02:54 AM

I am now being told by TAC that the only item this controls is PAN FW integration.

• 8.  RE: extifmgr
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2015 07:09 AM

MDRF,

That has been changed based on the version of code that you are on.  It now controls PAN integration based on the latest version of code.