Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

extifmgr

I have been asked by TAC to turn on debugging for extifmgr. Can someone please explain what this process controls?

Guru Elite

Re: extifmgr

IF-MAP is one one of the services.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

why don't you ask TAC, they tell you to do something, so you can ask them them to explain why you have to do something and what the effect is.

Frequent Contributor II

I do ask TAC on every case I raise for technical information but they are not very forthcoming, which is why I resort to this group. Advice from Aruba is to use Airheads to obtain information.

Guru Elite

If you do not get answers you can have the case escalated so you can get an answer. If you had a problem getting answers, please PM me the case number so we can get the problem fixed.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

yep you certainly free to try here.

but in my opinion (and i don't know the exact details so i might be wrong in this case) you pay for support so they better live up to some basic expectations. of course they aren't there to help people in full design questions or such. but if they want you to troubleshoot they should be able to explain why and what that is. if they won't, i would ask again, if they still don't answer i would ask the case to be escalated or to speak to a manager.

[EDIT] cjospeh posted something similar, i can only agree with him on this.

Frequent Contributor II

I am now being told by TAC that the only item this controls is PAN FW integration.

Guru Elite

MDRF,

That has been changed based on the version of code that you are on.  It now controls PAN integration based on the latest version of code.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: