Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

guest network protect data

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  guest network protect data

Posted Jun 26, 2018 09:29 AM

I got a client which was asking me if there was anyway to make this guest network who uses clearpass and has selft registration mac caching and all that secure in anyway

What i mean with secure is that in an open network the traffic pass through the air not encrypted so someone can capture those packets... if i put a preshared key is not that secure anywyas

I was wondering if i could do this with EAP Public or any idea would be great

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: guest network protect data

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 09:35 AM
    PEAP Public is your only option if PSK is out.

• 3.  RE: guest network protect data

Posted Jun 26, 2018 10:06 AM

The most secure way isnt PEAP Public?

Also with eap public it wont be more compliate to the client inany way? or it willl be? becuae with open network they just connect, they get redirected to the portan and register, but with eap public i don tknow how is the process for the client.  Can you give me a little more info about the process for the client?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: guest network protect data

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 10:50 AM
    It would be the exact same as a single SSID Onboard except the username and password entered into the client is the same value, essentially a PSK.

• 5.  RE: guest network protect data

Posted Jun 26, 2018 10:54 AM

Got it

After that i can redirect him to the portal so he can selft registrate himselft? use the mac caching and all that?

I was reading that even if it uses the same user name and password each user get his wireless session key to encrypt the traffic and provide secured wireless access without intruding the privacy of others though the same username and password is shared to all devices