Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how can i get images(OS) for aruba controller 6000 series , and what is the recommended image ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how can i get images(OS) for aruba controller 6000 series , and what is the recommended image ?

Posted Sep 24, 2016 09:06 AM

i have 2 controllers 6000 series acting as local master , i have around 500 AP terminated on the master , i have problems in the clients connectivity , the client had to try more than two times to connect , then once connected it have limited access and can not ping any thing , and i can't see the client on the contrioller ....etc . once i transfer all the APs to the local every thing get back fine and no problems , knowing that there is no difference in the configuration between them , and all network configuration is the same on the core switch .

• 2.  RE: how can i get images(OS) for aruba controller 6000 series , and what is the recommended image ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2016 09:08 AM
    I would open a TAC case instead of just upgrading code.

• 3.  RE: how can i get images(OS) for aruba controller 6000 series , and what is the recommended image ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2016 09:38 AM

@Talal wrote:

i have 2 controllers 6000 series acting as local master , i have around 500 AP terminated on the master , i have problems in the clients connectivity , the client had to try more than two times to connect , then once connected it have limited access and can not ping any thing , and i can't see the client on the contrioller ....etc . once i transfer all the APs to the local every thing get back fine and no problems , knowing that there is no difference in the configuration between them , and all network configuration is the same on the core switch .

Flipping APs over to a different controller could also kick all of the clients off, which creates a different RF environment, which means you could have created an additional variable.  Like T Cappalli says, you should open a TAC case.

• 4.  RE: how can i get images(OS) for aruba controller 6000 series , and what is the recommended image ?

Posted Sep 24, 2016 03:07 PM

thank you all , the controllers are out of support so i can't open a case .

i will configure them from scratch , but i need to upgrade them first , so i need to know how can i get new code for them .

• 5.  RE: how can i get images(OS) for aruba controller 6000 series , and what is the recommended image ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2016 04:17 PM

Unfortunately, firmware downloads for controllers require a support contract.  If you still want to try to resolve your disconnect issue here, we can try to do that, however...