Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how could the AP 105 can locate the controller 620 through ADP ? having problem

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how could the AP 105 can locate the controller 620 through ADP ? having problem

Posted Aug 20, 2013 07:18 AM

I powered up the AP 105 through AC adapter. Now I want that, AP would be able to locate the controller via Aruba Discovery protocol.

AP 105 is powered on through AC adapter and the Green light is blinking now . whats the next step i have to do now ?

Although the ADP is enabled on the  controller.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Untitled.png

• 2.  RE: how could the AP 105 can locate the controller 620 through ADP ? having problem
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 20, 2013 08:00 AM

To use ADP, the AP and the Controller must be on the same Layer 2 network.

Also you need to make sure that the AP is able to obtain an IP address by DHCP on that network.All APs needs its own IP.

• 3.  RE: how could the AP 105 can locate the controller 620 through ADP ? having problem

Posted Aug 20, 2013 08:12 AM

right now AP is not connected with any switch and not with the controller.  Have i connect it to some switch or controller ?

• 4.  RE: how could the AP 105 can locate the controller 620 through ADP ? having problem
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 20, 2013 08:23 AM

Yes! of course you have to connect it to the controller ;)

If you connect it directly or through a switch is up to you to decide based on your needs..

• 5.  RE: how could the AP 105 can locate the controller 620 through ADP ? having problem

Posted Aug 20, 2013 08:39 AM

Thanks for your kind coperation.

Problem has been resolved.