Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how do I add a user role on 7210 controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how do I add a user role on 7210 controller

Posted Jan 13, 2015 04:16 PM

I have a 7210 that I am trying to configure from scratch.  I am trying to add a user rule and when I go to the configure page,  there is no add button on the page.  I am running 6.3.1.13 (or 14 I tried both).   I am logged in as admin so I don't understand why i can not add a role user or system.

• 2.  RE: how do I add a user role on 7210 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2015 04:17 PM

Do you have PEFNG licenses installed?

• 3.  RE: how do I add a user role on 7210 controller

Posted Jan 13, 2015 04:20 PM

I have not licenses installed at the moment.  I am trying to get this set up prior to putting it on the network.  I am using a centralized license server and so if it is not on the network then I can not get a license.

• 4.  RE: how do I add a user role on 7210 controller

Posted Jan 13, 2015 05:23 PM
    You'll have to have pefng for the roles to show up.

• 5.  RE: how do I add a user role on 7210 controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2015 05:25 PM
    Will this be a master or local controller? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 6.  RE: how do I add a user role on 7210 controller
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2015 01:50 AM

Hi friend,

When you are using a Master-Local setup with centralised licensing please follow these steps,

1. Put all the required licenses (AP license, PEF NG )in the Controller which you want to deploy as a master.

2. Now you will be able to see all the option pertaining to Roles and policies.

3. Finish all the required configuration in the master and then connect the master and local controllers to the network.

Note : Centralised licensing doesn't mean that the server will push the required license to other controllers, it will pool all the unused licenses from other controllers and provide licenses to controllers as per the requirement.

for your ref :

CL.JPG

CL2.JPG

Hope, got some more clarity on this,

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 7.  RE: how do I add a user role on 7210 controller

Posted Jan 15, 2015 03:53 PM

thanks I forgot that you needed the licenses to add this.  I understand you don't need to put them on centralized server but that way there is not issue if that local box goes away.    I was trying to put a deployment document together with the steps to configure the controllers.  I have since figured out that it will be best to build a config file template and that way it will boot with all the info on it and not have to add it thru the gui (without a license).