Wireless Access

Contributor I

how do I increase a license on a 3400

I have a current limit of 13 APs on my 3400 controller and just purchased an additional 64 licenses - AP, PEFNG and RFP. How do I apply those? Further, when I go to the maintenance page on my controller, there is no License Management link. Shouldn't there be? All I have for licenses are serial numbers. Do I need to convert those to licenses numbers somehow?

Thanks,

Russell

Re: how do I increase a license on a 3400

If you have the certificates you can go to the licensing.arubanetworks.com and activate those then it will provide the license keys and you can add those to the controllers : license add <key>

then do a show licenses and make sure it doesn't have any flags 

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

You need to activate those licenses on licensing.arubanetworks.com.  Once you have those keys, you can add the license keys to the UI or with the "license add" command in the CLI

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Contributor I

Thanks for that. I went to the licensing website and Iapparently need to register as a new user. Where either in the GUI or the CLI(preferred) can I find a valid certificate ID to enter to create a new account? This system was handed to me a year or so ago, and I am unable to receive the original credentials.

Thanks,

Russell

Open a TAC case they should be able to assist you

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for