Wireless Access

New Contributor

how do I set up a print server?

I need to provide printer services to my wifi users and would like to use a wired printer connected to a print server (Windows 2008r2). I am looking for any pointers before I begin.

MVP

Re: how do I set up a print server?

EAchuck,

This isn't the right place to answer a question regarding the configuration of a print server, unless you have a specific question about wifi.  If you've setup a Windows print server before, this should be no different if you want wireless users to have access to it.  Please let us know if you have a wireless question and we'll be happy to assist.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
New Contributor

I am setting up the print server to serve wireless users on the wifi network. We have a 3500 with 52 access points.

This e-mail communication is confidential and is intended only for the individual(s) or entity named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by replying to the e-mail or by telephoning (212) 780-2300 during the hours of 9:30am - 5:30pm (EST). Please then delete the e-mail and any copies of it. Thank you.
Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

You would set a printer server up in the same was as if it way serving wired clients. There are many docs on Microsofts site on print services.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: