Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

Posted Jun 15, 2016 11:11 PM

I have 2 Aruba controller where the master and standby 7010. Normally I aruba cloud service monitoring via web base controller . through aruba service controller how can I know the name of the device that is connected to my network ? besides mac address .thank you :)

s.JPG

• 2.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

MVP
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 01:32 AM

It realy depends on how everything is set up.

You will pretty much only see device names in the controller when you are doing machine authenticated dot1x.By clicking on Clients (the last option in that dashboard menu) you can see what kind device it is, but again, not much more, unless you are doing machine authenticated dot1x.

• 3.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

Posted Jun 16, 2016 02:01 AM

on Clients (the last option in that dashboard menu), i just see ip address client, MAC address client. how to see the name of connected devices?

@koen wrote:

It realy depends on how everything is set up.

You will pretty much only see device names in the controller when you are doing machine authenticated dot1x.By clicking on Clients (the last option in that dashboard menu) you can see what kind device it is, but again, not much more, unless you are doing machine authenticated dot1x.

• 4.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 02:04 AM
    Since you are not authenticating your users, it is not possible to see usernames since they don't exist.

• 5.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

Posted Jun 16, 2016 09:21 PM

how the configuration commands that the name of the connected devices can be seen?
    such as: David-pc or Mark-PC
    so I can see what they are accessing.

Thank You Mr. Capalli

• 6.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

MVP
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 02:09 AM

Sorry, check Monitoring > Clients.

If you do not see the device names under username therre, you simply do not have the correct config to be able to see them. If the device name is not used in an authentication you will not be able to see it.

• 7.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

Posted Jun 16, 2016 09:30 PM

how the configuration commands that the name of the connected devices can be seen?
    such as: David-pc or Mark-PC
    so I can see what they are accessing.

in Monitoring > Cliets i just se Operation System Device, but there is a username field empty.
    how can I configure it so that a username can be seen.

Thank You Koen.

below the picture : 

w.JPG

Thank You Koen.

• 8.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 09:36 PM
    That feature is not currently available in AOS, but keep your eye out for new code.

• 9.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

Posted Jun 17, 2016 04:34 AM

Thank you for your answer.

but , if That feature is not currently available in AOS, how i can monitoring who use my network or how i know someone access something forbidden ?

Thanks

• 10.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2016 07:44 AM
    You would use authentication.. The hostname of the device should not be used
    for identification. What would you get from "android-18ab9c8e9f" or "John's
    iPhone"?

• 11.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

Posted Jun 20, 2016 02:27 AM

I wanted a "Jhons Iphone"
    for example, if I know "Jhons Iphone" connected to my network, I can do a blacklist. therefore I would like to know the name of the device that is connected to my network, so I can control strictly.
    Do you know the solution? Thank You.

• 12.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

MVP
    Posted Jun 20, 2016 03:01 AM
    And what is to keep people from renaming there iphone "businesslaptop ceo"?
    You want control? Great! Use authentication!

• 13.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

Posted Jul 11, 2016 09:14 PM

thank u,

do you know configuration for authenication ?

• 14.  RE: how do i look employee connect to my network with aruba controller ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2016 09:18 PM
    Have you reached out to your Aruba partner?