Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how i can generate a report that shows how many laptop users are using my wi-fi.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how i can generate a report that shows how many laptop users are using my wi-fi.

Posted Jun 18, 2014 01:08 AM

I want to generate a report that should show how many laptop users are connected to my oraganisation's WI-FI. I can't do this based on OS or SSID as phones or tabs can also have same OS and SSID can be used in smart phones and tablets as well. 

• 2.  RE: how i can generate a report that shows how many laptop users are using my wi-fi.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 05:51 AM

If you are using ArubaOS 6.3 and above, on the Dashboard> Usage screen it should give you an idea of the Operating System of a device.  It cannot tell you whether or not it is a laptop, however.

• 3.  RE: how i can generate a report that shows how many laptop users are using my wi-fi.
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2014 09:27 AM
    And to continue with cjoseph's post, if you have airwave you will be able to generate a session report which will give you OS or Device Model details but again, it will not tell you it is a laptop but you will be able to see Apple or WIndows 7/8 in those reports.