Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

.how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 09:20 AM
      |   view attached

PLEASE REPLY ME WITH DETAIL EXPLANATION how to add devices to airwave using controller GUI.. find the attachment

• 2.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

• 3.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

Posted Jan 12, 2019 11:13 AM

This is a worthless response. It didn't answer the question and provided wrong information.

• 4.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2019 12:58 PM

I think the OP should determine whether it was useful or not.  If you think you have something better to offer, you should.

The Airwave best practices guide is here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=31023

• 5.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

Posted Jan 12, 2019 01:15 PM

Why I say it is worthless is becuase the ask was for how to do this with a 7005 controller and the article provided was for Instant. 

• 6.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2019 03:10 PM

Everybody makes mistakes, right?

• 7.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

Posted Jan 12, 2019 03:13 PM

Yes, absolutely. I've seen many posts that haven't at all been helpful in this community (and many that have as well). I aim to help change that, but we need to also address the ones that are not relevant and maybe start to clean this up and remove them since for many situations this is the only documentation or help many folks will have with some of these products. The official documentation is poor, inconsistent, and doesn't provide real use cases and verified designs and configurations. 

• 8.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2019 03:50 PM

The way to address this is to post the correct information.  Since the OP is asking the question, it is typically up to them to answer if it helped or not.  If you can help, please help.

• 9.  RE: .how to add devices to airwave using controller 7005 GUI.?

Posted Jan 12, 2019 03:57 PM

Great, this is something I can help with. Under the controller, you'll set your SNMP v2 or v3 settings under Configuration/Management. Next, in Airwave, you will add the device under Device Setup. Choose Aruba as the device type and provide the credentials necessary. The device should show up and the configuration should sync shortly after.