Wireless Access

New Contributor

how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

Hi,

Please help to understand - how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI. I need the AP management to be done only through AAA.

Regards,

Nagammai.

Guru Elite

Re: how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

Hi, just trying to understand your question.

You'd like to disable the Web GUI for the controller and only use the CLI 

-or-

You'd like to use RADIUS/TACACS for management authentication to the controller

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Re: how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

Hi Tim,

I'd like to disable the wireless management of Access points. For logging into the Access points, either I should connect to ACS or from wired network i should do the remote management of Access points.

Please let me know how to implement this.

Regards,

Nagammai.

Guru Elite

Nagammai wrote:

Hi Tim,

I'd like to disable the wireless management of Access points. For logging into the Access points, either I should connect to ACS or from wired network i should do the remote management of Access points.

Please let me know how to implement this.

Regards,

Nagammai.

Nagammai,

There is no button to do it.  In the roles of wireless users who connect, you need to insert a firewall rule which blocks traffic to the IP address of the controller using TCP 4343 (keeps them from logging into the GUI) and TCP 22 (keeps them from using ssh).

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: