Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

i have two 7210 controllers acting as master local , whats the maximum APs can i connect to them ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  i have two 7210 controllers acting as master local , whats the maximum APs can i connect to them ?

Posted Jul 13, 2016 08:57 AM

• 2.  RE: i have two 7210 controllers acting as master local , whats the maximum APs can i connect to them ?

Posted Jul 13, 2016 09:15 AM

The 7210 controllers can terminate a maximum of 512 APs each.    Although standard recommandations are not to max out each controller where possible and best practice also dictates not to terminate APs on your master (although it is OK in single controller deployments and sometimes done in failover scenarios).

The answer to your question really depends on whether you need a fully redundant environment.   If so, 512 is the absolute maxium.   If the master is serving APs simultaneously (not recommended) you could theoretically get up to 1024.

• 3.  RE: i have two 7210 controllers acting as master local , whats the maximum APs can i connect to them ?

Posted Jul 13, 2016 09:22 AM

ok , i want to add extra APs and now the number will exceed 512 AP m so i added new local controller , if the new controller go down , will the master serve the extra APs ?

• 4.  RE: i have two 7210 controllers acting as master local , whats the maximum APs can i connect to them ?

Posted Jul 14, 2016 02:48 PM

If your master is configured as the backup-lms or particpates in an HA Group; then yes.   It will still be bound to the 512 number however should both locals fail.

• 5.  RE: i have two 7210 controllers acting as master local , whats the maximum APs can i connect to them ?

Posted Jul 16, 2016 02:13 PM

thank you :)