Wireless Access

MVP

iOS Connectivity Issues on Any SSID

I'm noticing an issue with a couple of iPads when I connect them to any SSID (WPA2 or Open).  Here are two separate issues I've noticed:

1) After tapping on the SSID, it takes 5-10 seconds to get an IP address.

2) After tapping on the SSID, the connection indicator spins and spins and spins... I get tired of waiting and turn off wifi and re-enable.  The iPad then connects to the SSID almost immediately.

I haven't noticed this with other devices, but I'm not completely sure it's just an iOS issue.  At home (using my consumer router) I don't have these issues.  Any thoughts?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Re: iOS Connectivity Issues on Any SSID

What kind of encryption?

We would need to look at the user-debug log and the auth-tracebuf to see what is going on behind the scenes to even guess what is going on.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: iOS Connectivity Issues on Any SSID

This is independant of encryption because I'm seeing it on WPA2 and Open SSIDs.

I discovered that I can recreate the issue at-will.  Once connected to a network, WPA2 in this example, and then connect to my open SSID, the connection icon just spins.  While it's spinning (stalled), I can tap the blue icon to see details about the network connection, and it shows I have an IP address.  The MAC shows that it's associated to an AP, but I can't find that IP address in the user table and it's not pingable.

auth-tracebuf only shows:

Oct 29 12:24:30  mac-auth-req

Oct 29 12:24:30  mac-auth-fail

Oct 29 12:24:30  station-up

Oct 29 12:24:30  station-data-ready

An auth-tracebuf from a connection that doesn't stall out looks identical.

I compared a healthy connection user-debug  to one that stalls out, and the two look similar up till this point:

Oct 29 12:25:36 :524124:  <DBUG> |authmgr|  dot1x_supplicant_up(): MAC:a4:d1:d2:xx:xx:xx, pmkid_present:False, pmkid:N/A

The stalled iPad, doesn't log any further, but the healthy connection continues to log more.

If you don't have any thoughts on the matter I'll open up a TAC case.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: