Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

iPAD iOS10.0.x not reconnecting

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  iPAD iOS10.0.x not reconnecting

Posted Sep 28, 2016 03:39 PM

Have a couple of new iPADs running iOS 10.0.2. They can successfully connect to an SSID that uses WPA2-PSK. When the iPAD is on screen lock and then unlocked, it will reconnect automatically. It will not reconnect if the iPAD is turned and then turned back on, or if the network is forgotten and then added back in. It just sits there attempting but never reconnects. If I go into the 3600 WLAN controller and delete the user from the user-table it connest automatically right away. Is anyone aware of issues like this and what the fix would be. It has to be with the iOS I'm guessing.

Regards,

Tony Marques

• 2.  RE: iPAD iOS10.0.x not reconnecting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2016 06:44 PM

Did you try an ipad without IOS 10?

• 3.  RE: iPAD iOS10.0.x not reconnecting

Posted Sep 29, 2016 08:20 AM

No we haven't. I believe it arrived with 10.x installed on it.

Regards,

Tony Marques

• 4.  RE: iPAD iOS10.0.x not reconnecting

Posted Sep 29, 2016 08:53 AM

Just a side note, powered on iPADs this morning and they successfully reconnected, which makes sense since the WLAN DHCP lease expired.

Possible to modify the DHCP lease time as a work around to this since it appears to be a client side issue?

Regards,

Tony Marques

• 5.  RE: iPAD iOS10.0.x not reconnecting

Posted Sep 29, 2016 09:43 AM

Another side note, we don't have the same issue with an Android phone or WIN10 tablet.

Looking to see if we have a spare iPAD running iOS9 to test.

Regards,

Tony Marques