Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

import server, CA certificate

Hi,

To import a server- and the trusted CA certificate on the controller. Do we import the 2 seperate or do we made a chained certificate with the server- and CA certficate and import the chained certificate into the controller as a server certificate?

regards

Aruba

Re: import server, CA certificate

You should be able to do either method.    I usually add them separately, but if there is an intermediate issuing CA, you may need to chain that before importing.    See Aruba KB https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-772 for more information.   

Other commentary on this here in the community:

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Occasional Contributor I

HI,

In my case, I have only a ROOT CA.

So I import the ROOT CA as a trusted CA into the controller.

Then I import my certificate (that I generate on my ROOT CA) as a server certificate.

under management, I change the webgui certificate to my server certificate.

Then I logon to the controller. I have no warning message. But next to the url in the explorer, I do see still a certificate error.

This website’s address does not match the address in the security certificate

This error means that a website is using a certificate that was issued to a different web address. This error can occur if a company owns several websites and uses the same certificate for multiple websites.

Aruba

What common name is on the certificate (CN).   It can be seen in the Issued To: field.   Is it the same FQDN name you are typing in the URL?    If not, you'll get a certificate error.

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Occasional Contributor I

I have to check this.

but I am using the ip address to logon

regards

Aruba

That would be the reason.  The IP does not match the name the certificate is issued to. 

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Occasional Contributor I

will the certificate only work when you use name of the device? Or can we do it also with ip address?

Aruba

You should be able to use an IP as the common name of a certificate if you'd prefer (if that is your question); but they are typically FQDNs.

ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

Thank-you.  This was very helpful. 

clembo wrote:

You should be able to do either method.    I usually add them separately, but if there is an intermediate issuing CA, you may need to chain that before importing.    See Aruba KB https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-772 for more information.   

clembo wrote:

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: