Wireless Access

New Contributor

importing CAD drawings into VisualRF - sizing problem

i have a set of CAD drawings that I am trying to import into VisualRF. When I import one, the image is incredibly small.  When I try to zoom in on it, it is very poor resolution.  When I open the drawing in DWG TrueView, it appears that VisualRF is grabbing the Layout as opposed to the Model, and it is not taking the last zoom that was saved, but the entire extents, which for whatever reason is HUGE.  Is there any way to have VisualRF use the last zoom?   Or a way to save the drawing in AutoCAD that will force VisualRF to use that view?

Please don't recommend that I take a screen shot or convert to a JPG.  The whole idea of CAD import is to make it easy for me to import very accurate measurements.

Thanks in advance

Guru Elite

Re: importing CAD drawings into VisualRF - sizing problem

Please open a TAC case so that they can inspect your individual file.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

The issue is that VisualRF takes a jpg image prior to zooming.  This is a limitation of the software in the background.  A quick workaround would be to get the full zoom, take a screen shot to jpg, and then upload as a jpg into VisualRF.  This is the quickest workaround for now until a better method can be implemented in the backend for image conversion.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
New Contributor

Hi,

Did you find out solution to this problem other than converting to Jpeg. I am having the exact same issue. - thanks,

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: