Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

inforcing DHCP issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  inforcing DHCP issue

Posted Dec 04, 2014 09:30 AM

dear all,

i'm using arubaOS 6.4.2.2.

enforcing dhcp is not working with me any idea or suggestion, do any  one know how it work.

dhcp-enforce.PNG

• 2.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:14 AM

When you say it is not working, do you have an example?

Are you configuring the correct AAA profile?

• 3.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue

Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:33 AM

yes  i do it with guest network, i  used the same address given by the dhcp , with that i get access to the network .

• 4.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:35 AM

If the controller sees your device get an ip address via DHCP it will allow the device to keep the same static ip address.  If you change it to a different static ip address, it should not work.

• 5.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:51 AM

yes, i confirm,
    the only problem that the dns is not enforced , even if the ip address is enforced, a the user can modify the dns ip address.
    thank you 

• 6.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:57 AM

So your firewall policy for a user would be to only allow DNS traffic to a server you have defined.  The feature is "enforce dhcp" not enforce dns...

• 7.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue

Posted Dec 04, 2014 11:02 AM

good idea, i will  do it

the dns ip address is given by the dhcp  so i finds logical that the controller enforce it .

regard

• 8.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2014 11:07 AM

The enforce DHCP only enforces an ip address.  A DNS server is NOT an ip address..

• 9.  RE: inforcing DHCP issue

Posted Dec 05, 2014 12:05 AM
    You can enforce a DNS server by using destination NAT under an aruba user role. See this example that someone else did for chrome cast. You could modify rule to include all DNS server. I don't have best practice on this but I would allow DNS traffic to your server before doing dst-NAT.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Chromecast-DNS-Hard-code/m-p/141887/highlight/true#M30220

Hope this helps.