Wireless Access

MVP

inforcing DHCP issue

dear all,

i'm using arubaOS 6.4.2.2.

enforcing dhcp is not working with me any idea or suggestion, do any  one know how it work.

dhcp-enforce.PNG

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

Re: inforcing DHCP issue

When you say it is not working, do you have an example?

Are you configuring the correct AAA profile?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

yes  i do it with guest network, i  used the same address given by the dhcp , with that i get access to the network .

Raouf CHAHBOUNE

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

If the controller sees your device get an ip address via DHCP it will allow the device to keep the same static ip address.  If you change it to a different static ip address, it should not work.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

yes, i confirm,
the only problem that the dns is not enforced , even if the ip address is enforced, a the user can modify the dns ip address.
thank you 

Raouf CHAHBOUNE

Guru Elite

So your firewall policy for a user would be to only allow DNS traffic to a server you have defined.  The feature is "enforce dhcp" not enforce dns...

Colin Joseph

MVP

good idea, i will  do it

the dns ip address is given by the dhcp  so i finds logical that the controller enforce it .

regard

Raouf CHAHBOUNE

Guru Elite

The enforce DHCP only enforces an ip address.  A DNS server is NOT an ip address..

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

You can enforce a DNS server by using destination NAT under an aruba user role. See this example that someone else did for chrome cast. You could modify rule to include all DNS server. I don't have best practice on this but I would allow DNS traffic to your server before doing dst-NAT.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Chromecast-DNS-Hard-code/m-p/141887/highlight/true#M30220

Hope this helps.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: