Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

initial-role question

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  initial-role question

Posted Sep 18, 2017 01:06 PM

When configuring a aaa-profile the inital roll should I be using denyall for preshared key ssid encryptions networks so firewall will not allow any access to the network?

• 2.  RE: initial-role question
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2017 01:10 PM
    For PSK your initial role should be set to the final role (allowing access) that the user will get when successfully authenticating

• 3.  RE: initial-role question

Posted Sep 18, 2017 01:10 PM
    For PSK your initial role should be set to the final role (allowing access) that the user will get when successfully authenticating

• 4.  RE: initial-role question

Posted Sep 18, 2017 01:53 PM

I guess I was confused because the user guide says initial roll is the roll someone gets who is NOT authenticated. I'm assuming the reason it has no factor is if one doesn't have the encryption key they aren't able to get associated anyway? 

• 5.  RE: initial-role question

Posted Sep 18, 2017 01:58 PM
    That's when you are doing a Captive Portal/ Layer 3 authentication , and in that case the initial role is the pre-auth/unauthenticated role

• 6.  RE: initial-role question

Posted Sep 18, 2017 01:58 PM
    That's when you are doing a Captive Portal/ Layer 3 authentication , and in that case the initial role is the pre-auth/unauthenticated role