Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ip access list session svc-svp MODIFY THE DEFAULT svc-svp SESSION ACL?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ip access list session svc-svp MODIFY THE DEFAULT svc-svp SESSION ACL?

Posted Jun 21, 2014 03:07 PM

Does IP access list session SVC-SVP modify the default SVC-SVP session ACL?

• 2.  RE: ip access list session svc-svp MODIFY THE DEFAULT svc-svp SESSION ACL?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2014 03:12 PM
    Yes

• 3.  RE: ip access list session svc-svp MODIFY THE DEFAULT svc-svp SESSION ACL?

Posted Jun 21, 2014 03:59 PM

Dear CAP,

I have question regarding Avaya wireless IP Phone 3645 I have read alot about it but I saw old docs so now in OS 6.4 in my configuration should I add AVPP access list for QoS or now as I saw in the IP-Phone Datasheet that it support WMM ? should I enable WMM or no?

• 4.  RE: ip access list session svc-svp MODIFY THE DEFAULT svc-svp SESSION ACL?

Posted Jun 22, 2014 09:07 AM

For QoS over WiFi you should enable WMM (presuming the clients also support WMM).

If you are sending the voice-traffic through the controller (tunnel-mode), the Voice/SIP ALG in the controller should detect ingoing VoIP calls. With this CLI-command you check calls being made through the controller:

show voice call-cdrs detail  

The field DSCP should show the correct IP DSCP value (46 or 56). The field WMM should show a value of 6 or 7.

You can also create a packet-capture on the controller for a specific WiFi client which should capture 802.11 data-frames and IP-frames. You can check those headers if the correct QoS values are set.

packet-capture destination local-filesystem

packet-capture datapath wifi-client 00:11:22:33:44:55

Then perform a "copy logs" to extract the PCAP.