Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

is it posible if the controller act as layer 2 for guest vlan without ip interface?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  is it posible if the controller act as layer 2 for guest vlan without ip interface?

Posted Dec 11, 2011 10:29 AM

Hi all,

I tried to test guest vlan which controller act as layer2 but the problem that I found is user can't redirect to captivep-portal page. then If i add IP interface to guest vlan it's everything work fine. I'm not sure can I config guest vlan without ip interface to work?

thanks in advance

aakmit

• 2.  RE: is it posible if the controller act as layer 2 for guest vlan without ip interface?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2011 10:39 AM

The main reason that the controller needs an ip interface in the guest VLAN is that the controller needs to redirect the guest traffic to an ip address to bring up the captive portal page.  Guests normally do not have access to the management VLAN of the controller to see the page, so what you should do is - create an ip interface on the controller for the guest vlan, and then use the "ip cp-redirect address" command to point the guest traffic to that ip address:

config t

interface vlan 300

ip address 192.168.1.5 255.255.255.0

exit

ip cp-redirect address 192.168.1.5

• 3.  RE: is it posible if the controller act as layer 2 for guest vlan without ip interface?

Posted Dec 11, 2011 10:50 AM

thank you so much Colin.