Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

Posted Sep 15, 2016 08:43 PM

I want to know the availability of aruba virtual controller please

• 2.  RE: is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 09:31 PM

More info will come out in the next 4-6 weeks, supported in AOS 8.0.1. 

• 3.  RE: is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

MVP
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 04:23 AM

And even with 8.0 the answer remains: it is not possible to connect APs to the virtual controller. You need a physical controller to do that, or go controllerless with instantAPs.

• 4.  RE: is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

Posted Sep 17, 2016 09:14 AM

Thansk guys for replaying buut  thing got more darker fro me as I don't understantd why Aruba OS 8 is totally diffrent from the 6.x.x versions please try to clarify.

• 5.  RE: is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

MVP
    Posted Sep 17, 2016 09:53 AM

The difference is called progress I suppose :)

Going from version 2.5 to 3.0 also was a huge change. That turned out to be a good thing and so will 8.0... hopefully.

8.0 will bring plenty of improvements. What those are will become clearer with time and increased marketing from Aruba.

• 6.  RE: is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2016 12:24 PM

@Aruba_Network_Engineer wrote:

Thansk guys for replaying buut  thing got more darker fro me as I don't understantd why Aruba OS 8 is totally diffrent from the 6.x.x versions please try to clarify.

You would have to release notes to understand in detail why it is different.

In general:

- Centralized Licensing can be shared among controllers that are not running exactly the same version of ArubaOS

- Centralized configuration provided among controllers that are not running the same version of ArubaOS

- A VM instead of a physical controller provides the "master" function that manages configuration, Airgroup, UCC.

You should read the release notes here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/22284/Default.aspx for more details.

• 7.  RE: is there is virtual Aruba controller that can be installed on ESXI?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2016 07:05 PM

To add to Colin's list, we also have:

* the ability to set license pools for groups of controllers so that they cannot exceed a certain value

* Multizone

* AirMatch (new ARM tool)

* UCC enhancements and support for new voice and video protocols

* Better WebCC

* Better AppRF

* More granular, and simple, control over large WLAN network deployments

The release notes are a good place to start. From there, engage with your local Aruba sales team for more.