Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

latency and ping drops issue with g clients.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  latency and ping drops issue with g clients.

Posted Nov 27, 2013 11:31 PM

Hi all,

i am facing lot of ping drops and more latency when i am trying to ping from switch to 2.4ghz client and vice versa.

I tried with 5ghz clients , no ping drops and good latency .

Even i have checked interferring channels, but i found none interferring from ap-monitor-list.

Even i tried laptop putting it 5ghz and 2.4ghz. When i put it on 5ghz , no ping drops but i when i keep it on 2.4ghz there are ping drops and more latency. I came to conclusion that g clients are having issues.

But i didnt understand the root cause. 

Help me out in resolving this issue

• 2.  RE: latency and ping drops issue with g clients.

Posted Nov 27, 2013 11:39 PM

Even i have enabled drop broadcast and multicast, band steering and even i tried disabling power save mode on the client 

• 3.  RE: latency and ping drops issue with g clients.

Posted Nov 28, 2013 01:03 AM
    Which model of AP are you using?

This does sound like an environmental issue like interference.

Depending on AP model, most .11n capable APs can be put into spectrum monitor mode. This would give you a better view on interference including non-wifi devices.

• 4.  RE: latency and ping drops issue with g clients.

Posted Nov 28, 2013 01:12 AM

We are using AP-105 model.

I will try to analyze interference from non wifi devices putting ap in spectrum monitor mode.

• 5.  RE: latency and ping drops issue with g clients.

Posted Nov 28, 2013 01:36 AM

I have tried to configure Ap into spectrum monitor mode. But i foun only 2 options 

1. Ap mode

2. Am mode

for spectrum analyzer to be enabled, do we need license???

cheers

srikanth soogoor

• 6.  RE: latency and ping drops issue with g clients.

Posted Nov 28, 2013 04:47 AM

Hi Srikanthsoogoor, 

Are you running Instant or Controller based APs? I am guessing controller, which needs the RF Protect license for spectrum analysis. The upside is it is more comprehensive than the spectrum on the Instants.

Aruba can make you a 30 day evaluation license to test this. Which country and region are you in and we can get the local Aruba SE to support you?

regards 

Skyhigh