Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

limit bonjour traffic based on device location

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  limit bonjour traffic based on device location

Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:13 PM

I am aware of on how to program Clearpass to allow users to share bonjour traffic based on username, however I cannot find and documentation on how to limit bonjour traffic based on device location. For example, if a teacher or student is in room 205, they should only be able to see the AppleTV’s in nearby classroom and not the entire school.  Is there any documentation that anyone could provide to help assist programing this?

• 2.  RE: limit bonjour traffic based on device location

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:16 PM

When the device is registered in ClearPass guest as a shared device, select an AP-group name or AP name in the Shared Locations field.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 3.  RE: limit bonjour traffic based on device location

Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:25 PM

Where in clearpass would you do that.? In clearpass guest under create a device I do not see the Shared location feild.

• 4.  RE: limit bonjour traffic based on device location

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:28 PM
    What version of ClearPass? In 6.3, you need to check the Enable AirGroup checkbox.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 5.  RE: limit bonjour traffic based on device location

Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:31 PM

I am assuming that is under Plugin manager, if so, yes i have enabled Airgroup services already.

• 6.  RE: limit bonjour traffic based on device location
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:34 PM

When you create a new device, there should be an enable AirGroup checkbox.

Sent from Windows Mail

• 7.  RE: limit bonjour traffic based on device location

Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:39 PM
      |   view attached

I think I found it but I had to go under configuration Forms & views to access it. Now my next question is, would you have to configure every AppleTV to access a certain group of access point, or is there is easier way? The school has over 100 AppleTV's. And would they all have to be wirelessly connected instead of wired?

• 8.  RE: limit bonjour traffic based on device location
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2014 05:32 AM

For now, yes you would have to go to each device and define what AP or AP-Group you want it to be seen by.