05-16-2012 10:26 AM
i just upgraded a 650 controller from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11-FIPS. the upgrade went smoothly and everything posted properly with no errors on the reboot. the problem i have now is it will not accept my login credentials. is there a default password for FIPS that overwrote my config? i have tried the "fipsadmin" default password from previous releases with no luck. i cannot find any documented default passoword for this release.
05-16-2012 01:00 PM
i have attempted the password recovery procedure with no luck also.
(Aruba650-US) (config) #mgmt-user admin root
Error : Non-Compliant to Mgmt Password Policy
Internal error occurred, Password validation failed
a little more background.....
this system was originally running 18.104.22.168 and configured with a 9 character password (7 lower, 1 upper, 1 number). the system configuration was all default with the exception of setting up trunks, vlans, and ip address. the system was then upgraded to 22.214.171.124 on both partitions and then immediately upgraded to 126.96.36.199-FIPS on partition 1 after which i was locked out.
i have no idea what the mgmt password policy would be as i never modified it. any help getting back into this thing is appreciated.
07-13-2012 11:54 AM
there is a process similar to the password recovery process on Cisco devices. I couldn't find it documented anywhere but Aruba support was able to get me in and i captured the console session for reference. You will lose any existing configuration and have to reprogram the device from scratch.
1) perform a boot break from the console port at 'Hit any key to stop autoboot:'
2) change the config file environment variable
setenv cfgfile default1.cfg
3) issue the 'reset' command
4) reconfigure the device with the initial setup dialog, system will reboot when complete
5) perform a boot break at 'Hit any key to stop autoboot:'
6) unset the config file environment variable
7) issue the 'boot' command
8) login to device from console when prompted
9) issue 'write mem' command
i've attached the session capture for reference