Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

mesh link in IAP-175

Hi,

We are trying to form the mesh link between the IAP-175 at a distance of 500 meters.

I know that we don't need to do any configuration doe IAP.
We have connected ANT-2x2-5614 antenna in both the IAP.
But mesh link is getting established only up to 150 meters and not more than that. We have a clear line of sight and also configured transmit power to maximum

Can anyone say whether can we establish mesh link between IAP-175 at a distance of 500 meters with antenna mentioned above?

Re: mesh link in IAP-175

Have you tried increasing the power levels manually on 802.11a on the AP ? But that change may not get the distance you are trying to achieve considering that it is using 802.11a to do the mesh link.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Nallan,

Instant currently has a limit of around 400 meters for client access on an SSID as well as for mesh links.

There is an open bug on this we hope to resolve soon.  

-cl
Regular Contributor I

Does the height at which the antennas are placed affect the distance between the mesh-point & mesh portal.

i think higher the antenna from the ground, the distance of the link can go a bit longer... please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Guru Elite

yougenpartha,

This is correct, but according to clukas, the bug will still prevent it from working.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Colin is correct. Antenna height has nothing to do with the software issue.

It is necessary to have the antenna at least 10m above ground for a 500m link.

-cl
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: