Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

migrating from A800 ArubaOS 3.x to 3xxx ArubaOS 6.2

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  migrating from A800 ArubaOS 3.x to 3xxx ArubaOS 6.2

Posted Jan 08, 2013 03:32 AM

planning to migrate from a A800 running 3.x to a 3xxx running 6.2. the idea is to take the 3.x config, reconfigure the interface section so the 3xxx will accept it and keep the other profiles, AP groups and such. then disconnect the A800 and connect the 3xxx, i assume the APs will reconnect, upgrade and all will be more or less fine.

- the 3xxx supports 6.2, so no 3xxx without memory upgrade

- ill put controlplane security on accept all first.

- this will cause outage, that is fine, having to do some reprofishioning is also fine.

- fallback plan is just putting the A800 back in

will this work, or am i overlooking something?

• 2.  RE: migrating from A800 ArubaOS 3.x to 3xxx ArubaOS 6.2

Posted Jan 08, 2013 06:58 AM

Sounds Good. 

Please verify the connection and the APs status after each step, just to be in safer side. 

• 3.  RE: migrating from A800 ArubaOS 3.x to 3xxx ArubaOS 6.2

Posted Jan 09, 2013 02:56 PM

What type of AP's are you using? The newer AP's have certificates built in while the older ones must have them pushed when CPSec is enabled. My recommendation is that you keep CPSec off during the process and turn it on once you know everything is stable. The AP's may take a while depending on how many you have to verify or push the certificates out.

• 4.  RE: migrating from A800 ArubaOS 3.x to 3xxx ArubaOS 6.2

Posted Jan 28, 2013 03:02 PM

the 3.x version was quite old, so i loaded the 3xxxx with the latest 3.x to do the first AP upgrade, then go to 6.2 via 5.x and finally enable CPlane. it was a mix of 61 and 105 APs, turned it fine.

might have been to many steps, but reading some threads on APs which wont come back made the choose the safest path.