Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

mismatch on monitor only

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  mismatch on monitor only

Posted Nov 16, 2012 08:13 AM

Hello i got a quetion..

Let say i would like to configure the controllers with the controller but monitor only my controllers...

The problem is that always that the configuration ins change i get a mismatch

There isnt any way to automatically upload the configuration change of the controller to the airwaves without everytime a change is done we have to import the new settigns so we dont see the mismatch?

Cheer

Carlos

• 2.  RE: mismatch on monitor only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2012 11:07 AM

This is currently a manual process for the administrator to acknowledge that changes have been made before importing the changes into AMP to get a 'Good' configuration match.  This would make a great feature request, please add it into the Ideas Portal on the support website (support.arubanetworks.com).

Some additional questions to consider:

Are you making changes to your controllers often?  Do others have access to make changes to your controllers also?  Any intent to go to do management from the AMP in the future?

Answering these questions can help make your feature request more specific as these are some of the questions that Product Management will think about when considering the request.

• 3.  RE: mismatch on monitor only

Posted Nov 16, 2012 11:12 AM

Is not that im using it... im testing it...

I work for a Aruba partner :)

And well one of the ones that was interested he told me that he just wanted to monitor it and well and he asked me if he will always have to come an import the config.... whenever he does a change.. i told him that he will have to but i will investigate more further....

And thats why i was asking here....

• 4.  RE: mismatch on monitor only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2012 11:38 AM

For customers using AMP in monitor only mode, they would have to import settings if they make changes to controllers in their network if they care about using AMP for configuration auditing.  Scripting a way to automate mismatch mitigation takes away the usefulness of the configuration audit feature.

The 'Mismatched' configuration states is shown in several places: the top header stats, the configuration column (on all list views), device audit pages, and in the configuration audit report..

Depending on the customer's usage case; if they only want to use AMP to monitor device up/down status and client associations, then they could ignore mismatches and hide almost all signs of configuration auditing.

To hide mismatches from view:

1. AMP Setup -> remove 'mismatched' from the top header stats

2. AMP Setup -> set automatically repair misconfigured devices = no

3. Group, Basic Tab -> set audit configuration on devices = no

4. Report, Definitions -> unschedule or delete the Daily Configuration Audit report

5. Any list view -> choose columns, remove configuration (if you leave configuration, it will display as ' - ')

--this only leaves the device audit page visible

I don't normally recommend this because I think the visibility of mismatches for large networks is key feature of AMP.  But there are several customers who don't want to see mismatches, so this is a way to hide it from view.  Though it shouldn't take much more than 10 minutes once a week to maintain mismatches in the single digits.

• 5.  RE: mismatch on monitor only

Posted Nov 16, 2012 11:39 AM

Okay thanks for your help :) im agree with you

Ill inform the client thanks man!